In its third year co-hosting the Challenge with SWE, PepsiCo has selected three teams as finalists for the 2017 Student Engineering Challenge. This year, SWE undergraduate members had the opportunity to develop original, technical solutions that would improve PepsiCo’s Global R&D around three areas: water, packaging, and equipment.
After a completive round of judging, the teams selected to participate in a live-judging event at WE17 are listed in the following (random) order:
The University of Texas at Austin
- Team Name: pepCO2
- Team Members: Avni Halabe, Ishani Chakravarty, Rafia Muhammad and Shaurya Gupta
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Team Name: Team Illini
- Team Members: Katherine Kiang and Shreya Santhanam
- Team Name: The Pepsi Choice Project
- Team Members: Christina Landon, Vindhya Aiyagari, Matthew Welch and Zin Naing
Teams will compete for cash prizes and will be formally recognized during Celebrate SWE! At WE17 on Saturday, October 28, 2017. To learn more about this year’s engineering challenge, visit the official SWE / PepsiCo Student Engineering Challenge website.
PepsiCo at WE17: Visit PepsiCo is Recruiting at Booth #1557 at the WE17 Career Fair
Students interested in learning more about opportunities at PepsiCo are encouraged to submit their resume through the 2017 PepsiCo / SWE Student Engineering Challenge website or visit Booth #1557 during Thursday, October 26th and Friday, October 27th at SWE’s Annual Conference, WE17, in Austin, TX!
To learn more or apply for job opportunities that PepsiCo is recruiting for at WE17, please view the following job descriptions:
- Information Technology Intern
- Frito-Lay Project Engineer
- Frito-Lay Corporate Engineering Intern
- PepsiCo North America Beverages Supply Chain Intern
- PepsiCo North America Beverage Supply Chain Associate
- R&D Associate Engineer
- R&D Associate GFGC
- R&D Intern
- PepsiCo Supply Chain Intern
Past Challenge Winners: