Video: Members Recommend SWE’s Collegiate Leadership Institute
The Collegiate Leadership Institute is a three-day program with highly interactive sessions providing advanced training and professional development.
More than 100 collegiates receive customized early-career education. CLI participants learn networking skills, how to manage common career mistakes, and how to thrive in a male-dominated industry.
The next CLI program will be at WE18 in Minneapolis, MN. SWE collegiate leaders interested in the program will be able to submit their applications in 2018.
SWE Mentors Make an Impact at CLI
Mentors are an important part of CLI. They must also apply for the program.
“The delicate balance of mentoring someone is not creating them in your own image, but giving them the opportunity to create themselves.” ― Steven Spielberg
Profile of Mentor:
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience with an engineering background
- Passion for and history of mentoring younger women
- Working knowledge of current trends in leadership development
- Communicate via email monthly and by phone at least 4-6 times during the year
- Participate in the CLI LinkedIn Group (we will send you a link once you are accepted)
- Provide SWE with feedback on how to expand and improve the program