International Symposium Opportunity for U.S. Engineering Students
“Women Engineers Leading Global Innovation”
August 29-31, 2012
The Society of Women Engineers is convening a diverse group of women in engineering and technology for a two-day symposium to be held in Bangalore, India. This symposium will provide a forum for discussing engineering developments and challenges across engineering disciplines and countries, focusing on professional development, systems engineering, sustainable energy and information technology.
The symposium features keynote speakers and invited technical speakers, panels, workshops, technical posters and opportunities for global collaboration. To facilitate an environment for collaboration, the total number of participants will be limited to 70, with 35 participants from each country (India and the U.S.) that will include a mix of participants from academia and industry. Space is limited to 10 U.S. collegiate students.
The symposium will provide the attendees with key skills, knowledge and networking that will support career and educational advancement.
- Learn about innovations affecting engineering and technology
- Develop relationships with colleagues across academia and industry from both India and the U.S.
- Learn ways to recruit, retain and advance women in the engineering workforce by creating an inclusive environment
Interested candidates should compose an email including the below information to Jennifer Scott by no later than July 2, 2012.
- Essay not to exceed 500 words answering the following; how are you a qualified candidate as described below and how will this experience enhance your educational and professional goals?
- CV and short bio
- Recommendation letter from a faculty member at your school
- Need to be a current SWE member
- Must at least be in their junior year of studies or beyond
- Be studying one of the following: systems engineering, sustainable energy or information technology
- Be prepared to participate in a technical poster session (you may choose the topic and base it on your research or current studies)
All attendees' travel and hotel expenses will be covered through a generous grant from the Indo-US Science and Technology Forum.
All accepted applicants will be notified and receive further details regarding travel logistics and the curriculum by July 13, 2012. Email Jennifer Scott with any questions.