Reach Out to Reach Up on #GivingTuesday
As FY16 President Colleen Layman's theme of Reach Out to Reach Up illustrates, being part of SWE means being committed to reaching out to help other women reach up. As members of SWE, we champion the value of diversity for women engineers. Our financial support is necessary to provide cutting edge programming.
On December 1, 2015, please join with other members by making a donation to SWE during #GivingTuesday! Your gift will ensure SWE can do more than what is accomplished through membership dues by funding programs for women at all stages of their careers:
- K-12 Outreach Programming: SWENext inspires innovations in the next generation through an online membership platform that engages girls in STEM.
- Scholarships: For the 2015/2016 school year, SWE distributed $667,050 in scholarships to 219 women pursuing degrees in engineering and technology.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Customized for the experience of the professional engineer in the workforce, SWE offers D&I resources to advocate for women.
- International Programming: As the world's largest advocate for women in engineering and technology, SWE is expanding to meet the needs of the global marketplace.
- WE16 Registration Grants: SWE is working to build the resources to help send women to WE16 who would otherwise be unable to attend.
- Unrestricted: Allows SWE to put your donation towards innovative, cutting edge initiatives.
As the world's largest advocate for women in engineering, SWE inspires women to achieve their full potential as engineers and leaders. This #GivingTuesday, remember to Reach Out!
Visit societyofwomenengineers.swe.org and donate on December 1st, 2015.