To encourage creative thinking and innovation among engineering students, the Society of Women Engineers (SWE) and PepsiCo have announced the launch of the third annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge.
Learn more on Official PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Website
The challenge invites engineering undergrad students to develop original, technical solutions that would improve PepsiCo’s Global R&D around three areas: water, packaging, and equipment. Engineering undergrad students are invited to form teams of four and develop original, technical solutions to address challenges in three categories:
- Water: PepsiCo is looking for the next big breakthrough in water usage and related processes. What’s more basic than water? Change the way water is used in irrigation, or design built-in filtration devices for areas without drinkable water–the scale of impact of such a change is enormous.
- Packaging: PepsiCo is mindful of its environmental impact. Develop ways to package PepsiCo products more efficiently and with the footprint and relevant resources in mind. Wouldn’t it be great to hold up a PepsiCo product at lunch with your future coworkers and calmly declare, “I designed that”?
- Equipment: PepsiCo currently distributes its beverages by coolers, fountains, and vending machines. Will it always be that way? Likely not. Keep in mind consumer trends, and design the way PepsiCo products will be consumed in the future and engage in true innovation.
The challenge will conclude July 17, 2017. Finalists will be notified by early September and invited to present their solutions to a panel of PepsiCo judges at SWE’s Annual Conference, WE17, in Austin, TX from October 26-28, 2017. The travel and accommodation costs for all finalists will be covered.
Selected finalists will then be honored during SWE’s Celebrate SWE! event at the Austin Convention Center on Saturday, October 28, 2017.
Learn more about the current Challenge and past Challenge finalists:
- Visit the official website to learn more, register team members and submit an entry.
- Learn about the 2016 Challenge Winners
- Learn about the 2015 Challenge Winners