SWE is hard at work on issue #2 of Constance and Nano—Engineering Adventure!, our exciting comic book series that explores how fun solving problems with science, engineering, technology and math can be! Constance and Nano's next adventure is going to be all about aerospace engineering—and we want to include one lucky SWENexter as a character in the story!
Introducing the United Technologies Corporation Constance & Nano Comic Challenge!
Can you build a paper airplane that can carry as much cargo (U.S. coins) as possible that glides more than ten feet? We bet you can! If you do … you could join Constance & Nano on their next adventure.
Here's how you get your shot to be in our comic:
If you're a SWENexter in 6-8th grade shoot and submit a two-minute video showing:
- How you came up with your paper airplane design
- A fact about aerospace engineering and cargo transport you learned while researching your design
- Testing your design and showing your maximum cargo payload and distance traveled
Along with being featured in the comic book, the winner and a chaperone will have the opportunity to tour a United Technologies Corporation facility to see what it's like to be an aerospace engineer.
How to Enter:
- Visit constanceandnano.swe.org for more information and some helpful resources.
- Upload your video by June 23
- Our winner will be notified in July 2017
- Not a SWENexter yet? Join here before applying to this challenge.
The contest runs from May 10 to June 23 and is open to 6-8 graders. View the contest's full rules and agreements here.