SWE is updating our SWENext Be That Engineer Brochure, and you can be part of it!
We’re looking for one SWE member working in/studying the engineering disciplines below:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
- Architectural Engineering
- Bio/biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Management
- Environmental Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Materials Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Robotics Engineering
- Software Engineering
- System Engineering
To be featured in our brochure, you’ll need to provide three things:
- Picture of you in action at as an engineer
- Photos must be high resolution (300 dpi)
- Photos must be submitted as in jpg. or png. format
- A link to your Fabfems profile so SWENexters can contact you to find out more about your field of engineering
- A brief description of what you like about your work and how it makes the world a better place.
If selected, you'll receive a SWENext gift basket with an "I am what an engineer looks like" t-shirt, a SWENext Cape, and a SWENext baseball hat!
Photos must be submitted by July 27, 2018.
SWENext is a way to become part of the Society of Women Engineers as a student through the age of 18.
Families and educators play a key role in the success of SWENexters. The SWENext program offers resources and information for adult advocates as well. When participants (including girls, parents, guardians and educators) sign up for SWENext, they will receive complimentary access to:
- Up-to-date information about outreach events such as camps, competitions and workshops hosted by SWE and its partners
- A catalog of available scholarships for engineering schools offered by SWE and partner organizations
- Tips and best practices for applying for scholarships and internships
- Advice from practicing engineers as they discuss the work they do in regular webinars
- Opportunities to shape the future of the program through participation in the SWENext council
Who Can Be a SWENexter?
Any student 13 or older may join SWENext. For those younger than 13, a parent will need to be the primary contact. Students please complete the application to join. Adult advocates who would like to be on the SWENext mailing list: Please complete the mailing list form.