The Program Development Grants (PDG) committee of the Society of Women Engineers (SWE) will award $45,000 during FY19 to support K-12 outreach, professional development and program development activities lead by eligible SWE organizations. Grant application information can be found at swe.org/program-development-grants. Grants are reviewed and awarded four times throughout the fiscal year with respective application deadlines noted on the SWE PDG web page.
Join our Informational Web Session
To assist in the application process, the PDG committee will be hosting virtual, attendee-directed mentoring sessions. The goal of the sessions is to provide further clarification on the application details and help you improve the quality of your application. Please RSVP for the first session which is Monday, December 10 from 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM CST and submit your questions in advance. Additionally, we will offer information about best practices as time permits.
Please register for the webinar via this link. Register and submit questions by 12/7/2018 to have your questions included in the webinar presentation.
We hope you will take advantage of this new service to help you submit a successful application for a PDG award.
Best of Luck,
SWE Program Development Grants
Thanks to the generous funding from the ExxonMobil Foundation, micro-grants are available to support the strategic activities of SWE Organizations (Sections, MALs, Society Committees, or Affiliates).
For more information about the Program Development Grants (PDG) program, including FAQ, application links and points of contact, please visit the SWE Program Development Grants page on swe.org.
- Grant Amounts & Deadlines: All grant requests must be between at least $250 and $5,000. They will be considered in four application cycles with deadlines on the following dates: August 1, 2018, November 1, 2018, January 1, 2019 and March 1, 2019.
- Event Timing: Grants cannot be submitted during an event or after an event has occurred. If your event has taken place, do not submit a request for PDG funding.
- Good Standing with SWE: For PDG funding, you must submit a grant through an active and in good standing SWE Organization. To determine if your SWE Organization is in good standing, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Budget and Financial Verification: Ensure your SWE Organization treasurer is prepared to verify your request (see Treasurer Verification).
- SWE Membership: Individuals submitting requests for PDG funding must be an active SWE member.
January 1, 2019 Deadline
- For programs that will take place after February 15, 2019
- Apply here.
March 1, 2019 Deadline
- For programs that will take place after April 15, 2019
- Apply here.