Register for January SWE web sessions to help you make career changes and transitions! This month, SWE’s live, online learning programs will help you re-enter the STEM workforce, and communicate your unique career transition story.
Back on the Career Track: Strategies for STEM Re-Entry after a Career Break
Live web session: Thursday, January 17, 2019 @ 11 AM CT
Carol Fishman Cohen, Chair and Co-founder of iRelaunch, will provide tips and best practices for women engineers who are trying to re-enter the STEM workforce after taking a career break. By the end of this session, participants should be able to:
- Identify steps to best position yourself to return to work successfully
- Employ effective language for responding to difficult questions typically asked of relaunchers
- See examples of specific courses that were most effective for successful technical relaunchers
What’s Your Pitch? Mastering Your Transition Narrative
Live web session: Wednesday, January 30, 2019 @ 2 PM CT
In this web session, communication strategist Catherine Kaputa will outline steps and best practices for telling your transition story – whether you are trying get a promotion at your current organization, re-enter the workforce after a career break or change industries. By the end of this session, participants should be able to:
- Develop a powerful USP (Unique Selling Proposition) so that you are perceived as different, relevant and right for the assignment.
- Recognize how to incorporate story into your pitch using the most effective story formats such as the Quest, Stranger in a Strange Land and the Love Story