Please consider attending this program entitled, "Diversity and Inclusion Fuels Innovation in STEM," which is open to SWE members free of charge. Spots are limited and registration closes February 20, 2019.
If you are a SWE member, you may register here for free.
- Receive briefings on relevant legislative affairs
- Receive training on congressional outreach strategies
- Meet and network with elected officials & congressional staff
- Increase awareness among elected officials of the importance of diversity and inclusion in the science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) workforce
- Engage with fellow SWE members and advocates
Wednesday, March 27, 2019
- 12:00 pm EST: Lunch and state group gatherings, Hyatt Regency*
- 1:00 - 4:30 pm: Legislative action training and policy briefing, Hyatt Regency*
- 5:00 - 7:00 pm: Congressional Reception, Rayburn House Office Building
Thursday, March 28, 2019
- 8:00 - 9:45 am Congressional Breakfast and Visit Prep, Hyatt Regency*
- 10:00 am: Congressional Visits (scheduled throughout the day between 10:00 am and 4:30pm EST)
*The Hyatt Regency is located at 400 New Jersey Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20001
What SWE Members Are Saying:
Interested but want to learn more? Read these narratives from fellow SWE members about engaging in our DC event:
- Engineering: From Ignorance to Passion – A Reflection on Advocating with SWE By Ranjana Chandramouli
- "Why I almost quit STEM" -- A Reflection on SWE’s 2018 Congressional Outreach Days, By Jessica Deters
- SWE Advocate Profiles: Amanda Weissman, Irma Khan, and Julie Senn Muszynski
- 2018 SWE DC Event Photo Essay
- Limited Space: Space is very limited for this event and will be on a first come first served basis. Registration closes when full or by February 20, 2019.
- Self-Funded Event: While there are no specific travel funds available for this event, some meals will be provided for attendees.
- Text Alerts: You can stay informed about SWE Advocacy through text alerts. Text "SWE Public Policy" to 56512 to sign-up.
- Co-sponsorship: If you are interested in co-sponsoring the event with SWE, please email Fund Development.