The FY20 term begins July 2019 and ends in June 2020 for LHC and in June 2021 for LAB. Read on to learn more about what these positions entail, as well as how to apply!
>>WE Local is accepting online applications through Tuesday, April 30, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. CST<<
Local Host Committee (LHC)
The Local Host Committee Chairs are active and engaging leaders who provide guidance, support and direction for up to 15 SWE Members who serve (virtually) on the WE Local Host Committee (LHC) for North America conferences. LHC Chairs are also representatives on LAB who serve as the Liaison on behalf of their Host City. Please note: All LHC Chairs are required to reside within 50 miles of the host city they serve as Chair.
As an LHC Chair, you are expected to:
- Recruit 10-15 SWE Members who serve as Subcommittee Liaisons
- A list of names (including timeline and Subcommittee criteria) will be provided to LHC Chairs (by Headquarters) after the call for “interested LHC Liaisons”
- Act as the Ambassador and “face” of your selected Host City
- Lead and host monthly LHC virtual telecom meetings
- Offer guidance and support to LHC Liaisons including assisting with team tactics and team communications
- Attend monthly LAB telecom meetings including completing a monthly Quad Chart
Local Advisory Board (LAB)
SWE Members who serve on LAB are an actively engaged group who provide guidance and insight on the strategy and programming of the WE Local program and conferences in North America. LAB Members also serve as “ambassadors” by sharing the vision and program of WE Local with their respective networks. LAB is comprised of up to 12 SWE Members, SWE Headquarters (HQ) staff and up to five WE Local Host Committee (LHC) Chairs.
As a LAB Member, you are expected to:
- Be an “ambassador” of the program by sharing the vision of WE Local with your networks
- Represent the various groups and identities within the Society
- Serve as WE Local’s strategic body by supporting the vision and goal
- Provide direction and guidance to support the tactical goals of the five LHC’s as outlined within the WE Local Subcommittees
If you are interested in joining this family, WE Local is now accepting online applications through Tuesday, April 30, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. CST. All SWE Membership levels (collegiate to retirement and everything in between) are encouraged to apply. The application includes and requires the following:
- Five (5) open-ended questions that require responses
- One (1) reference’s contact information
- Professional résumé/CV and SWE résumé
Thank you for your interest in serving as the next set of LHC Chairs or LAB Members! Notifications will begin in June 2019.
Looking for ways to get involved in WE Local in Europe or India? Email email@example.com for available opportunities.