Have you heard about SWE’s Leadership Competency Model and would like to learn more about whom it is for and its intended use? If so, you are in luck!
You can access the new Introduction to SWE’s Leadership Competency Model digital course in the Advance Learning Center to identify the critical knowledge, skills, and abilities required of current and future SWE leaders to help SWE achieve its mission of gender parity equity in engineering and technology.
After completing the course, you should be able to:
- Describe the SWE leadership positions for which the model is used
- Identify the six SWE leadership competencies
- Recognize the available SWE resources that can be used to create your leadership development plan
Access the course on SWE’s Advance Learning Center using your SWE username and password. You can also view additional competency model resources online including, the SWE Leadership Competency Assessment – a tool to rate yourself on the behaviors, skills, and experiences related to each competency. After completing the assessment, you will receive a score and a corresponding proficiency level for each competency.
- Are you the future of SWE Leadership?
- Viewpoint: A Pathway to Leadership
- Learn about the Brain Science Behind Women’s Leadership
- How to Show Sincere Gratitude as a Leader
- Societal Boundaries for Women Leaders