These past few months, we’ve been engineering solutions and practicing curiosity to deliver a WE20 experience we promise you won’t forget. We’re pleased to announce we will host a two-week virtual conference and career fair experience from November 2-13, 2020 with a pre-conference week for SWE leadership from October 26-30, 2020.
Registration is now open until October 1, 2020.
Key Elements of our WE20 Strategy:
- Sessions: All registered attendees will have access to more than 200 sessions, including four keynotes, six mega sessions, over 100 professional development sessions, 50 Lightning Talk Sessions, and nearly 30 sponsored Information Sessions & Tech Talks.
- Career Fair: SWE will hold a four-day virtual career fair the week of November 2nd and the week of November 9th. Upload your resume at careers.swe.org (be sure to flag your account that you are participating in WE20) and then on the WE20 virtual event platform closer to the conference to let recruiters know you will be available for interviewing and networking.
- Daily Yoga: Look forward to daily yoga (weekdays during the weeks of November 2nd and 9th) hosted by Coconut Yoga. Read our recent blog post about Coconut Yoga.
- Registration: SWE has reduced the prices across the board for all attendees and all registered attendees will have access to all virtual content post-conference. Read more our WE20 registration page or in our FAQs below.
High-level Overview of the SWE WE20 Event:
Week 1 – October 26 – 30, 2020: Leadership Summit Week
- Attendees will have access to 10-15 pre-recorded digital video sessions of “SWE Leader Content” that can be viewed through the exclusive SWE YouTube channel for event attendees.
- SWE will showcase various Tech Talks and Information Sessions by WE20 sponsoring organizations that will include live chat sessions with organizational representatives.
- SWE will host a series of invitation-only virtual events during a pre-conference Leadership Summit for various SWE Leaders and Members (including Town Hall, Senate, and Committee Meetings).
- SWE will host a variety of member meet-ups.
Week 2 & 3- November 2 – 13, 2020: Virtual Conference & Career Fair
- All attendees can attend virtually the whole week(s) 11/2-11/13
- All attendees will have access to 200 sessions of professional development content from this week.
- SWE will release 25 Lightning Talks via the exclusive SWE YouTube channel for event attendees. SWE will also invite all Lightning Talk presenters to present in-person if they plan to attend.
- SWE will live-stream the Keynotes, Mega Sessions, and the State of Women in Engineering session.
- SWE will host daily yoga sessions during the weeks of WE20.t.
- Attendees will have access to virtual networking sessions that are held at different times.
- Collegiate competitions will take place virtually from Nov. 5- Nov. 10th.
- SWE will host a four-day virtual career fair.
How will SWE recognize awardees who are typically recognized during Celebrate SWE! & the SWE Awards Banquet?
Receiving recognition through the SWE Awards Program signifies a special and powerful moment in the lives of our members and partners. In order to keep our awardees and their guests safe, we will not be recognizing individuals via a seated dinner with over 1,000 attendees. Check out our blog post on all the award winners.
For FY20, we will pilot virtual methods to recognize awardees and our partnering sponsors. Recognition will include:
- Virtual recognition in the form of photomontages and pre-recorded acceptance remarks released at scheduled and sponsored times over the three week WE20 experience.
- The SWE Marketing team to works with recipients to get photos and/or remarks in an appropriate format.
- Awardees will receive physical awards via mail over the summer so they can be incorporated into photos.
- Each category will be its own video capsule; can be shared on All Together and social media
- Our partners and awardees will receive extended exposure for their award and sponsorship since the content will live beyond one evening
- SWE will also recognize awardees and sponsors via a LED wall in New Orleans in addition to other recognition strategies that are being developed over the summer of 2020.
What is the cost to attend?
SWE has cut the prices across the board for all attendees and all registered attendees will have access to all virtual content.
- SWE Affiliate Pune President Reflects on WE19 Experience
- VIDEO: Check Out Our Inspiring WE19 Keynotes!
- WE19 On-Site Podcast: Intel’s Sierra Reid on Creating Your Own Career