The International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) has awarded the Society of Women Engineers (SWE) the prestigious Accredited Provider accreditation for an additional five years. IACET Accredited Providers are the only organizations approved to offer IACET Continuing Education Units (CEUs). The accreditation period extends for five years, and includes all programs offered or created during that time.
SWE is proud of our learning and development programs that empower women to succeed at every stage of their personal and professional development.
As an IACET-accredited provider, SWE can offer IACET continuing education units (CEUs). Only IACET CEUs communicate to employers, licensing authorities, certification bodies and others that a continuing education or training (CE/T) program meets the highest standards.
IACET has a rigorous accreditation process, so when something is IACET accredited, you can be sure you’re using a continuing education or training program that delivers solid learning outcomes.
What does the ANSI/IACET Standard measure?
The ANSI/IACET Standard measures all aspects of a continuing education or training provider’s program development across nine internationally recognized categories:
- Organization, Responsibility and Control
- Learning Environment and Support Systems
- Planning and Instructional Personnel
- Needs Analysis
- Learning Outcomes
- Content and Instructional Requirements
- Assessment of Learning Outcomes
- Awarding the IACET CEU and Maintaining Learner Records
- Evaluation of Learning Events
The standard categories, as illustrated in the model below, provide organizations with the framework to adhere to quality continuing education and training practices.
Opportunities to Earn SWE CEUs
SWE offers 37 on-demand web sessions and eLearning courses with CEUs through SWE’s Advance Learning Center. Refer to the CEU/PdH Credit category from the On-Demand library. Here are a few offered courses:
- Attract Advocacy of Influential Sponsors – This web session is sponsored by JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Future-Proofing your Career: Work Trends to 2030
- Integrating Work and Life: Yes! You can have it all
- Leadership Fundamentals Module 1 – Defining Leadership
- Leadership Fundamentals Module 2 – Communication Styles
- Leadership Fundamentals Module 3 – Feedback Fundamentals
- Leadership Fundamentals Module 4 – Leading Teams
- Leadership Fundamentals Module 5 – Business Acumen
- Strategic Leadership 202: Making Conflict Productive
SWE is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is accredited to use the IACET CEU. In order to earn CEUs for the above courses, you must complete the full course and pass the knowledge check assessment with an 80%.