In this SWE Diverse podcast episode, Heather Doty, SWE FY20 president-elect, speaks with Brandie Dessauer, an integrated supply chain manager at Dow.
Brandie graduated from Louisiana State University in 2003 with a bachelor’s in chemical engineering. She has held roles in process design engineering, ERP project management, and supply chain. In her current role, she is leading a team of employees located in both Houston and Beijing. Her team is responsible for the ordering, planning and shipping of polyethylene catalysts around the word. Brandie is also the SWE CPC Leader for Dow and on the North America Steering Team for the Women’s ERG. She’s married to Mike, who also works for Dow, and has two daughters, Julia and Madeleine, who are 3 & 4 years old.
Heather and Brandie discuss Brandie’s professional and society goals as the SWE Leader for Dow, changes she would like to see during her time at Dow and how she is coping working from home as a parent during a global pandemic.
Check out more recent SWE Diverse episodes:
- Podcast: Jayshree Seth’s Perspective on Current Crises and the Path Forward
- Podcast: HP Podcast Series #2- HP Print and Quality
- Podcast: The Coronavirus Pandemic’s Impact on Gender Inequality in Engineering
- HP Podcast Series #1- Technical Leader in 3D Printing in Barcelona
- Balancing Work and Mom Life as an Engineer- APAHM
- Celebrating APA Heritage Month with Past SWE President, Nora Lin
- Meet eXXec 2020 Moderator, Jo Miller
- Celebrating Black History Month with Past SWE President, Sherita Ceasar
Browse through all of our SWE podcasts on SWE’s SoundCloud.