Episode 89: Sustainability and Tech Go Hand in Hand, with Sakshi Mishra
In this SWE Diverse podcast episode, SWE’s senior manager of research, Roberta Rincon, speaks with Sakshi Mishra, energy + AI researcher at National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL). Sakshi is an energy researcher and a power systems engineer working on the nexus of renewable energy and artificial intelligence with the goal of tackling climate change problems through AI technologies.
Roberta and Sakshi discuss the similarities and differences between STEM programs in India and the US, AI’s applications in the fight against climate change, and what it’s like to be a woman engineer in the research industry.
Check out more recent SWE Diverse episodes:
- Jayshree Seth’s Perspective on Current Crises and the Path Forward
- HP Podcast Series #2- HP Print and Quality
- The Coronavirus Pandemic’s Impact on Gender Inequality in Engineering
- HP Podcast Series #1- Technical Leader in 3D Printing in Barcelona
- Balancing Work and Mom Life as an Engineer- APAHM
- Celebrating APA Heritage Month with Past SWE President, Nora Lin
- Meet eXXec 2020 Moderator, Jo Miller
- Celebrating Black History Month with Past SWE President, Sherita Ceasar
Browse through all of our SWE podcasts on SWE’s SoundCloud.