Around this time of year, SWE typically hosts in-person professional development and networking events in cities across Europe. While we will miss the opportunity to see you, we hope you’ll join these three highly interactive, virtual workshops that we are offering in place of our in-person events. The workshops will offer networking and professional development experiences, specifically designed for university women in Europe! And, they’re FREE for university students—members and nonmembers alike!
Thursday, 25 February: Confidence: In and Out!
This workshop is for those who experience fear, shame, embarrassment, blackout, anger, or emotional discomfort in communication situations such as:
- Presenting in front of colleagues or management when the stakes are high
- Answering difficult questions
- Being confronted with crucial conversations
- Responding to passive aggressive remarks
- Online calls
Via storytelling, participants will think about what confidence is, what it means to them, and the consequences of being confident. The workshop is then divided into two main parts where we address the INPUT and the OUTPUT of confidence.
The INPUT is based on Positive Intelligence and emotional mental hacks to develop short term and long term confidence. In the last part we concentrate on the OUTPUT – how can our body help us feel confident and project confidence?
- Acknowledge the consequences of struggling with confidence
- Commit to a vision
- Discover the techniques
- Commit to working at it
- Be more confident and let your true talent shine!
Saturday, 6 March: Principles of Influence in Communication
This workshop is for individuals who want to develop their IQ (Influential Quotient) as it ultimately contributes in greater proportion to one’s success.
Influence is power and it does not matter who you are, where you work, or what your professional goals are. You need influence to:
- Build and maintain trust to guide employees through risk and disruption
- Recognize and cultivate the power of your network to create change
- Move teams and important initiatives forward
- …and so much more
The workshop will walk you through what influence is, the benefits of understanding its principles, what it means to you, and the consequences of being influential. The session is then divided into four parts where we address all of the elements of influence.
- Understanding human beings
- How to be “liked”
- 6 universal principles of influence
- Tools of influential communication
- Understand the many benefits of influence in and out of the workplace
- Get the theory in 4 steps
- Set the circumstances for your stakeholders to say “YES!” to your project
- Become more influential
Wednesday, 10 March: Process to Prepare a Top Presentation
This workshop is for anyone who wants to grab and maintain the attention of their audience while presenting and speaking in a way that people listen.
A presentation can propel you to the top or crash your reputation. The bad news is that no one is a natural speaker. The good news is that it is very easy to learn and become a competent one.
This workshop will help you:
- Speak so your audience is engaged and interested
- Reduce and shorten your preparation time
- Speak without slides
- Develop a logical structure that’s easy to deliver and follow
- Become so good that you can always influence, impact, and inspire
Participants will go through a step-by-step process of presentation preparation and craft. The objectives are to always be relevant to your audience, focus on the goal of your presentation, introduce your topic, select content for the most logical anatomy of your speech, and more. We will also cover the do’s and don’ts of presenting online.
- Get your audience to pay attention. When you speak, they listen!
- Get the theory in 6 steps
- Become the competent speaker you deserve to be