SWE Advance Learning Center content provides multiple learning levels to fit member needs. Learning levels indicate the level of experience suggested for the topic at-hand. Read below to find out more about learning levels and explore online learning topics from each level.
- Foundational – Focus on awareness and factual recall; appropriate for those with limited experience (0-2 years) with the subject matter. Foundational level content often provides an introductory or basic understanding of the content areas.
- Intermediate – Appropriate for those with experience (3 -9 years) with the content who are looking to build on and increase their knowledge of the identified content areas. Intermediate levels indicates that the session will result in application or analysis of topics.
- Advanced – Appropriate for those who have been actively applying the foundational and intermediate concepts and are looking to increase their expertise in the content areas. Advanced level content is often appropriate for those with 10-20 years’ experience.
Best of Foundational-Level Learning
(0-2 years of experience with the topic)
- A Daily Reset: Mindfulness and Stress Reduction
- Frenemies: The Brain Science Behind the Dynamic Cooperative/Competitive World of Women’s Leadership
- Health Effects of Subconscious Bias: Mind, Body, & Community Well-being
- Quieting your Inner Critic and Moving Beyond Self-Doubt
- Survive to Thrive: Rewiring our Brains in an Epidemically Stressed Society
- Engineering Tools to Guide Life Choices: Decision Matrices
- Damaging Phrases Women Use in the Office
Best of Intermediate-Level Learning
(3-9 years of experience with the topic)
- Intersectionality and Women of Color in the Engineering Workplace
- Global Collaboration: Working on and Leading Remote Teams
- Communication Cues #1: Counteract Conditioned Thinking
- Strategic Leadership 101: Crafting a Compelling Vision
- Lead from a Distance: Virtual Work Essentials
- Strategic Leadership 202: Making Conflict Productive
- Developing a Tour of Duty Mind Set: Using Networking Tools to Grow Your Career
Best of Advanced-Level Learning
(10-20 years of experience with the topic)
- Strategic Leadership 201: Clarifying Roles to Improve Execution
- Best Practices for Being a Super Mentor
- Empowering Women at Work: Why and How to Sponsor Others
- Strategic Leadership 301: Producing Results from Strategy
- Strategic Pivot: Pandemic Management & Beyond
Questions about the Advance Learning Center? Email email@example.com.
- LEADERS: Don’t Miss Out on eXXec 2021!
- Modern Networking in the Social Age
- On-Demand Webinar: What Does Research Tell Us About STEM Success for Women?
- Learn to Facilitate Productive DE&I Conversations
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions About Engineering Licensure
- How Can Project Management Help Me? Is It Worth It?