EP 139: Laura Gerstner: How R&D Supports Inclusivity, Growth, and Opportunity for Women Engineers
In this SWE Diverse episode, Rachel Morford, the incoming FY22 president of SWE, speaks with Laura Gerstner, who works in research and development investment at CNH Industrial. She is a leader within the technology division and oversees R&D investments across agriculture and construction businesses. Laura has used her past experiences in engineering, program management, product development, finance, and accounting to bring a unique perspective to the industry. Learn more about her background, her role at CNH Industrial, and how her work supports inclusivity, growth, and opportunity for women in engineering.
Based in the Chicago area, Laura is a multipotentialite with more than 15 years of experience in several product development functions. She holds a BS in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Illinois and a MBA from Arizona State University.
At CNH Industrial, Laura brings a unique perspective to business discussions due to her past experiences in Engineering, Program Management, Product Development Finance, and Accounting. Currently, she is a leader within the Technology division and oversees Research & Development investment across Agriculture and Construction businesses.
As an advocate for women working in male-dominated industries, she is a founding member of the affinity group iGLOW (Inclusivity, Growth, Leadership, and Opportunity for Women) and collaborates with executives to create a more inclusive network across our global company.
Outside of work, she likes to spend time with her two young daughters gardening and playing sports together.
Check out more SWE podcasts:
- Un Cafecito With a Woman in STEM: Melanie Weber
- Combining Engineering and Research at the Air Force Research Laboratory
- SWE Celebrates Pride Month: Experiences of Nonbinary Students in Engineering
- Susan Uthayakumar on Challenging the Status Quo to Forge Your Own Career Path
- APAHM 2021 – SASE CEO Khánh Vu on Allyship for the AAPI Community
- Smita Tharoor on Addressing Unconscious Bias in Our Professional and Personal Lives
- SWE Research – The State of Women in Engineering 2021