The SWE Mentor Network is a private network for only SWE members to connect via 30-minute virtual mentoring sessions. SWE members at all experience levels are encouraged to offer mentoring, receive mentoring, or even act as both a mentor and mentee.
Mentoring on the SWE Mentor Network is available during 1-2 week cohorts throughout the year. This fiscal year, SWE is introducing conversation themes for selected cohorts. These are suggested themes meant to encourage discussion around these topics, but you are not required to stick to the theme to participate.
Check out the full FY23 (7/1/22-6/30/23) calendar below:
- July 25 – 31, 2022: SWE Member Networking & Mentoring
- September 12 – 23, 2022: Exploring Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Belonging (DEI&B)
- October 3 – 14, 2022: Get Ready for WE22
- December 5 – 9, 2022: SWE Member Networking & Mentoring
- January 23 – February 3, 2023: SWE Around the World
- March 6 – 17, 2023: SWE Member Networking & Mentoring
- April 17 – 28, 2023: Community College & Beyond
- May 29 – June 9, 2023: SWE Member Networking & Mentoring
Don’t have an account yet? There are a few ways to join the SWE Mentor Network:
- Log in to the SWE member portal, select ‘More’ from the top menu, and then click on ‘Mentor Sign-up’ or ‘Mentee Sign-up.’ If you are interested in both roles, please sign up as a mentor. You will be able to accept bookings from mentees, as well as schedule mentoring sessions with other mentors.
- Keep an eye out for signup links in SWE’s weekly Monday newsletter.
- Or reach out to email@example.com so we can verify your SWE membership and send you an invite!
For mentoring resources, please visit the SWE Mentoring page. This is updated regularly with new podcasts, blog posts, webinars, and more. Check out on-demand presentations like Power of Mentoring on SWE’s Advance Learning Center! By the end of the course, you should be able to recognize the uses of mentoring and learn how mentorship can be a networking tool.