10 scholarships of 70,000 INR will be awarded to support women pursuing bachelor or graduate degrees in engineering, engineering technology, or computer science in the states of Tamil Nadu or Maharashtra. Students who wish to apply will complete one application prior to the 28 February deadline. The application process is entirely online, including submission of recommendation letters, transcripts and a resume. Learn more and apply on the SWE Scholarships page.
India Program: Applications for the 2023-2024 academic year are open 1 December 2022 and close 28 February 2023. Reference letters due by 8 March 2023.
A few main eligibility points for the India program:
- Only candidates who identify as a woman.
- All applicants must be planning to study at a Washington Accord accredited program in engineering, technology, or computing in the upcoming academic year.
- All applicants must be enrolled or accepted at a Washington Accord accredited program and school in Tamil Nadu or Maharashtra.
- You must be planning to attend full time.
- You must not be fully funded for tuition, fees, and books or equivalent.
- Transcripts must be in English. See below for more details.
Accredited programs are based on Washington Accord accreditation for colleges and universities. The list of SWE-approved programs is the same list as the Washington Accord accredited programs.