Here’s everything you need to know to get ready for WE21!
Aspire to be Prepared! What You Need to Know for WE21.
Onsite Event Location
Indiana Convention Center
100 S Capitol Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46225
All entrances are ADA accessible except the West Plaza Entrance.
Required: Onsite Verification of COVID-19 Full Vaccine Status or Negative COVID-19 Test
As part of the entry requirements for the Society of Women Engineers’ WE21 Annual Conference, all attendees and exhibitors must complete a health survey and provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test in order to enter. SWE partnered with CLEAR Health Pass to provide easy proof of the required health screening for faster entry.
Download the CLEAR app and tap the white Health Pass tile. Select ‘Events’ and select the WE21 conference to start the process. Having issues? Click “Get In Touch” in the app. For more information, including what to do if you are not able to use the app, click here.
Those who refuse to follow the health and safety guidelines for WE21 onsite protocols (including proof of vaccine status or recent negative COVID-19 test) will not be allowed onsite. Their registration will be converted to virtual-only and they will be given a partial registration credit towards WE22 or WE23. SWE is not responsible for the costs of travel or incidentals for those who are unable to attend WE21 due to their personal non-compliance with health and safety measures.
Upload Your Resume to the SWE Career Center AND to the vFairs Platform for WE21
SWE’s Career Center: Upload your resume to SWE’s Career Center and flag YES for Attending WE21. Be sure your resume is up to date so recruiters and hiring managers know you are available to connect at WE21!
Add Your Resume to the vFairs platform: During WE21, attendees will also need to add resumes to their profile within vFairs, the virtual hosting platform for WE21. Resumes can be updated or edited at any time throughout the conference. To edit, click on your profile icon in the top right corner, and select ‘Update CV’ in the drop down menu.
WE21 participants can have their resume reviewed by several experts before going to the live or the virtual career fair.
- Onsite Session: Thursday, October 21, Indiana Convention Center, 10:00 am- 12:00 p.m.EST Room 233. Refer to the WE21 mobile app for details.
- Virtual Session: Monday, October 25,10:00 – 11:30 CST: Sign up here. Signup deadline: Sunday, October 24.
Meet your WE21 Keynote Speakers
All WE21 Keynote Speakers will be in Hall H at the Indiana Convention Center or live-streaming virtually. Read more about the WE21 Keynote Speakers here.
Stephanie C. Hill, Executive Vice President, Rotary and Mission Systems, Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Thursday, October 21, 2021 at 8:30 AM EST
Barbara Humpton, President and CEO, Siemens USA
- Friday, October 22, 2021 at 8:30 AM EST
Patti Poppe, Chief Executive Officer, PG&E
- Saturday, October 23, 2021 at 3:00 PM EST
Save the Date & Time: Inspirational Insights at WE21
Racism and Its Compounding Effect Across Underrepresented Groups
- Thursday, October 21, 10:30 – 11:45 a.m. EDT
We Don’t Want to Live in a Wall-E World
- Thursday, October 21, 12:30 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. EDT
Build Your Dream Career: Secrets From the C-Suite
- Thursday, October 21, 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. EDT
Leveraging Male Allies to Champion Gender Inclusion and Equity
- Friday, October 22, 10:45 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. EDT
Radical Candor: Creating a Culture of Feedback
- Friday, October 22, 3:00 p.m. – 4:15 p.m. EDT
Present Your Science: Communication Strategies for Stakeholder Buy-in
- Saturday, October 23, 9:00 – 10:15 a.m. EDT
Attend an Inspirational Insight Session & Earn CEUs
SWE is offering six WE21 sessions that offer CEUs, that are free to attend with your WE21 registration. Each session offers 0.1 CEUs/PdH. Criteria for achieving CEUs include:
- Attend the entire session – to demonstrate this, in-person attendees must have badges scanned upon entering and leaving each session.
- Complete the post-session survey at the close of each session.
Partial credit or adjusted CEUs shall not be awarded to individuals who do not successfully meet the criteria listed above.
Onsite & Virtual Career Fair Hours
Onsite Event Hours (all times in Eastern Standard Time)
The Career Fair and Interview Booths will be open during the following times:
- 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. EDT – Professional and Collegiate Members Only
- 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. EDT– All Registrants
- 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. EDT– Professionals Only, Members & Non-members
- 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. EDT– Professional and Collegiate Members Only
- 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. EDT– All Registrants
Virtual Career Fair Hours (all times in Central Standard Time)
The Virtual Career Fair will be open during the following times:
- 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. CST – All virtual and in-person registrants are welcome.
Virtual Conference Access
If you’ve purchased a virtual registration, or a full in-person registration, you have access to the Virtual Conference. Online access to the virtual conference will start on Tuesday, October 19, 2021. On or after this date, you may go here and enter the email address you used to register for WE21.You’ll then be prompted to create a password. Moving forward, you can use your login credentials to access virtual content for up to three months after WE21.
Those who register onsite or after October 18, 2021 will be given access to the virtual platform by October 23, 2021 (in advance of the virtual career fair).
If you have trouble logging in to the virtual platform, please email email@example.com for assistance.
For a full schedule of virtual content, please visit our website.
How to Find Live, Semi-Live & On-Demand Content
SWE will host a variety of Live (conducted live on the platform), Semi-Live (pre-recorded sessions with the opportunity to ask speakers chat questions during the scheduled time), and On-Demand sessions (pre-recorded sessions available to play when your schedule allows) in the virtual event platform.
To access content:
- Click on Auditorium
- Click on main screen
- View sessions & click ‘Join’. (You will be able to filter by track to narrow down your search.)
Connect with SWE’s Affinity Groups & Members at WE21 (Virtually and Onsite)
SWE Affinity Groups and members will lead a wide variety of in-person and hybrid meet-ups throughout the conference. Click here to view all virtual programming and here to see a working schedule of in-person and hybrid Affinity Group programming. Similar to WE20, SWE also provides general virtual networking programming on its virtual conference platform.
Drop-in Coaching at WE21
Onsite: SWE’s Leadership Coaching Committee (LCC) will be hosting drop-in coaching sessions for SWE Section and Affiliate leaders interested in leadership coaching from SWE’s seasoned leaders. Drop-in coaching will take place at the SWE Member Center in the Indiana Convention Center lobby from 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. EDT on Friday, October 22, 2021.
WE21 Social Media Tips
- Use hashtags #WE21 and/or #AspireToInspire in all your social media posts!
- Make sure your content is appropriate for sharing.
- Use hashtag #SWE21.
- Misrepresent SWE’s mission on social media.
- Post content that violates SWE’s social media policy.