On March 11- 12, 2020 the Society of Women Engineers (SWE) will host our annual Congressional Outreach Event in Washington, DC. Please consider attending this program entitled, “Diversity and Inclusion Fuels Innovation in STEM,” which is open to SWE members free of charge.
Download a preliminary agenda here. Spots are limited and registrations closes February 14, 2020.
- Receive briefings on relevant legislative affairs
- Receive training on congressional outreach strategies
- Meet and network with elected officials & congressional staff
- Increase awareness among elected officials of the importance of diversity and inclusion in the science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) workforce
- Engage with fellow SWE members and advocates
Wednesday, March 11, 2020
- 12:00 pm: Lunch and state group gatherings, InterContinental, The Willard Washington
- 1:00 – 4:00 pm: Legislative action training and policy briefing, InterContinental, The Willard Washington
- 5:00 – 7:00 pm: Congressional Reception, Rayburn House Office Building
Thursday, March 12, 2020
- 8:00 – 9:45 am Congressional Breakfast and Visit Prep, Congressional Reception, Rayburn House Office Building
- 10:00 am: Congressional Visits (scheduled throughout the day between 10:00 am and 4:30 pm)
- Limited Space: Space is very limited for this event and will be on a first-come-first-served basis. Registration closes when full or by February 14, 2020.
- Self-Funded Event: While there are no specific travel funds available for this event for travel or accommodations, some meals will be provided for attendees.
- Text Alerts: You can stay informed about SWE Advocacy through text alerts. Text SWE Public Policy to 56512 to sign-up.
We hope to see you on March 11-12, 2020 in DC so register today!
SWE Public Policy In Action:
Read these blog posts about our recent advocacy efforts and attending our DC event:
- 2019 Public Policy Highlights & New Opportunities for Advocacy in 2020
- 2019 Congressional Outreach Highlights & Hidden Figures Bill
- Engineering: From Ignorance to Passion – A Reflection on Advocating with SWE By Ranjana Chandramouli
- “Why I almost quit STEM” — A Reflection on SWE’s 2018 Congressional Outreach Days, By Jessica Deters
- 2018 SWE DC Event Photo Essay