What is SHLA?
SWENext High School Leadership Academy (SHLA) is a program that provides awareness and inspires high school students to pursue careers in engineering and technology. SHLA provides students with leadership training, college advice, self-development topics, and the opportunity to experience the SWE community first-hand through networking, coaching, and mentoring to learn techniques to pursue STEM careers.
The SHLA program is held in conjunction with SWE’s Annual Conference to provide high-school students with training and development opportunities in five key program tracks including:
- College preparation
- STEM pathways
- Inclusion and cultural awareness
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the SHLA WE20 program will be done online; providing high school students across the globe with access to a variety of online learning opportunities from Monday, October 19 to Friday, October 23 with a SHLA graduation ceremony on Thursday, November 12.
Register by October 1, 2020!
SHLA WE20 attendees will participate in the following program activities:
- Interactive SHLA sessions with engaging subject matter experts including:
- Fireside Chat: Resilience, Career Pathways and STEMinism — October 20, 6pm CST
- Exploring Career Pathways — October 21, 6pm CST
- Leadership Skills for College — October 22, 6pm CST
- SWENext Connect: Leadership Skills for College — October 22, 7pm CST
- Registration to world’s largest conference for women engineers, WE20 Virtual Conference
- Networking with fellow SHLA participants and SWE members
- A SHLA graduation ceremony
Year-Round SHLA Learning Events
- Techniques For Advocating For Yourself
- College Considerations
- Resumes and Letters of Recommendation
- College Essays and The Common Application
- Scholarships and Financial Aid
Thank you to our SHLA sponsors:
To learn more about SHLA, please contact email@example.com.