Each month throughout the year, we’ll be spotlighting a SWE Affinity Group. We are excited to highlight SWE’s Indigenous Peoples Affinity Group!
Learn more about the Indigenous Peoples Affinity Group of the Society of Women Engineers!
What we do as an Affinity Group:
- Share knowledge, concerns, and experiences among each other and our allies
- Mutually support each other
- Advise and educate the SWE on issues affecting Indigenous Peoples
- Serve as a resource to SWE members regarding Indigenous Peoples interest
- Serve as a forum for discussion on specific topics aligning with Indigenous Peoples
- Enhance and promote networking mechanisms for connecting members
- Increase understanding and commitment to the value of diversity and inclusion as an integral part of SWE culture
From the SWE Archives: In recognition of Native American Heritage Month visit these articles:
- Google Doodle Features SWE Fellow Mary G. Ross
- Celebrating Native American Heritage Month with Laura Smith-Velazquez