By Cassi Janakos, SWE Board of Trustees
It is easy and rewarding to set up a fundraiser through Facebook, gift a percentage of purchases on Amazon, or give to the endowment directly to support the Society of Women Engineers. The endowment fund supports valuable SWE programs, including scholarships, awards, and headquarters operations.
You may have seen birthday, holiday, and special occasion fundraisers on your Facebook feed. These fundraisers are quick to set up and a fun way to share your support for women in engineering with your network.
All you do to set one up is:
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/fundraisers
- Set your fundraising goal and campaign end date.
- Enter “Society of Women Engineers Endowment Fund Inc” as the organization you’re supporting.
- (Optional) Add a fundraiser cover photo.
- Share on your feed and with friends!
During the FY18 fiscal year, the SWE Endowment Fund received $2,500 in donations through Facebook fundraiser campaigns. Can you help us beat this in the FY19 fiscal year?!
Patricia Brown, held a Facebook birthday fundraiser to provide support for the scholarship, awards, and headquarters operations of the Society of Women Engineers. Her campaign raised $1,330!
AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon that lets customers enjoy the same wide selection of products, low prices, and convenient shopping features as on Amazon.com. The difference is that when customers shop on AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com), the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to the charitable organizations selected by customers.
The holidays are approaching and while you are busy shopping for gifts, decorations, and more use smile.amazon.com/ch/20-2761991, to automatically support the Society of Women Engineers Endowment Fund Inc!
To get started:
- Go to smile.amazon.com/ch/20-2761991
- Log into your Amazon account.
- Select “Society of Women Engineers Endowment Fund Inc” as your charity of choice.
- Now every time you use AmazonSmile, 0.5% of purchases will support SWE-EFI.
- Bonus: Create a bookmark or install the Amazon Assistant to remind you to use smile.amazon.com instead of amazon.com so you don’t miss out on contributing when you shop on Amazon!
Three Ways to Donate Directly
- SWE’s General Giving Page or go to SWE's Donation Page, select “Scholarships” from the fund dropdown menu.
- Network for Good
- Send a Check!
Make the check out to “SWE-EFI” and mail to:
Society of Women Engineers Endowment Fund Inc.
6732 Jenny Leigh Court, Centreville, VA 20121