SWE is committed to helping members of the SWE community reach their full potential as engineers and leaders. The Content and Programs team is excited to support the ongoing professional development of its community members through a brand new badging program to celebrate SWE community members’ learning and achievements of distinction.
What is a digital badge?
Digital badges are a way to share your accomplishments with the world. SWE badges recognize:
- Learning achievements,
- Validated experiences, and
- Special programs completion
What are the benefits of a digital badge?
- Easily manage, share, and verify your learning achievements
- Secure verification adds credibility to your achievement
- Labor market insights connect your skills with active job opportunities
- Access promotional offers and learning pathways available only to badge earners
What happens after earning a badge?
- You’ll receive an email from Credly, SWE’s trusted digital credentialing partner, inviting you to accept your badge.
- Click the button in the email.
- Create and confirm your Credly account.
- Accept your badge and start sharing! Need help? Find a step-by-step tutorial video at this link.
SWE has partnered with Credly to make this exciting addition to the Professional Programs offerings possible. Over the coming months, stay tuned for new badge releases including:
- Preventing Harassment and Discrimination
- Transforming the Boardroom
- SWE Board of Directors
- Advance Power User
- Return to Work
In the meantime, we encourage you to complete the Developing the Mindset for Inclusive Leadership series on the Advance Learning Center to earn the Inclusive Leadership – Level 1 badge.
Once you complete the course, you will earn a validated badge that you can share on social media and in your email signature: