The mission of the SWE Women in Government (WIG) Affinity Group is to support and address the career-specific demands of SWE members who work for or are interested in careers in the public sector. Our mission includes the following goals:
- Work across geographic borders to link experts with similar interests.
- Celebrate the accomplishments and efforts of female engineers who hold public office or participate in public service.
- Highlight the advantages of SWE membership to those employed in the public sector.
- Provide career information, training, and mentoring for engineers who are interested in or currently working in the public sector.
- Improve engagement with government agencies to support the hiring of women engineers for public positions.
- Create and publish speaking opportunities for women engineers in government at SWE meetings and conferences.
The leaders of the SWE Women in Government Affinity Group are Jenna Lynn Henderson, PE, PMP, (she/her) and Jennifer Dalzell (she/her). If you would like additional information about the Women in Government Affinity Group, please send a message to email@example.com or join our Facebook Group.
Plus, be sure to opt into the Women in Government Affinity Group email list by logging into your member portal and updating your Communication Preferences.