We’re thrilled to unveil our 2023-2024 schedule! Join us in the Women In Government Affinity Group for an exhilarating journey alongside accomplished leaders, experts, and trailblazers as they generously share their priceless insights and strategies for success. WIG has thoughtfully arranged monthly gatherings, set to take place on Sunday afternoons at 5:00 pm ET (4 pm CT, 3 pm MT, and 2 pm PT). Don’t miss out!
- August 27 – Advancing women in STEM leadership: Strategies for achieving career growth.
- September 17 -” Practicing Mindfulness – A Way to Cope with Stress and Reduce Bias” with Guest Speaker Lynn Koerbel, MPH. Lynn is an Assistant Director of MBSR (Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction) Teacher Training & Curricula Development at Brown University.
(Lynn Koerbel, Assistant Director, Brown University)
- November 26 – Breaking the Glass Ceiling: Sharing Stories and experiences of successful women in government with Guest Speaker Rebecca Diviney, City Engineer in Denton, Texas.
- January 28 – Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) – Addressing the importance of diversity, equity, inclusion in the workplace and its impact on product development and design with Guest Speaker June Choi, Product Inclusion & Equity for Google Workspace
(June Choi, Product Inclusion & Equity for Google Workspace)
- February 25 – CyberSecurity with Guest Speaker Carolina Nino-Vargas. Carolina has a background with the DOD and is currently a Solutions Engineer at SNYK, where she has been working in Latin America to expand the adoption of application security tools while providing training and awareness to both security and developer teams alike.
(Carolina Nino-Vargas, Solutions Engineer at SNYK)
- March 24 – Emerging Technologies: Exploring the latest advancements in technology and discussing their potential impact on government sectors and policies.
- April 28 – Effective Communication & Leadership Skills: Enhancing communication skills, negotiation techniques, and leadership development for women in government roles.
- June 9 – SWE volunteer opportunities, benefits as well as the End of (Fiscal) Year Celebration