The Society of Women Engineers (SWE) will award 10 70,000 INR scholarships to support women pursuing bachelor or graduate degrees in engineering, engineering technology or computer science at universities in India with Washington Accord accreditation or at SWE Affiliate universities.
Students who wish to apply must complete their online application before the 23 Jan. 2024, deadline. The application process is entirely online, including submission of recommendation letters, transcripts and resume. Learn more and apply on the SWE Scholarships page.
Deadlines: For the India program, applications for the 2024-2025 academic year open on 1 Dec. 2023 and close on 23 Jan. 2024 at 11:30 p.m. IST (12:00 p.m. CST).
A few main eligibility points for the India program:
- Only candidates who identify as a woman are eligible.
- All applicants must be planning to study at a Washington Accord accredited program in engineering, technology or computing in the upcoming academic year or at a SWE Affiliate school.
- You must be planning to attend full time.
- You must not be fully funded for tuition, fees and books or equivalent.
- Transcripts must be in English — see below for more details.
Accredited programs are based on Washington Accord accreditation for colleges and universities. The list of SWE-approved programs is the same list as the Washington Accord-accredited programs and SWE India Affiliate schools.
Find more information about SWE’s scholarship program online.