Episode 67: Penny Wirsing Passes the Torch to New President Cindy Hoover
In this Diverse podcast episode, FY19 SWE President Penny Wirsing passes the metaphorical torch to FY20 SWE President Cindy Hoover. Cindy is the Vice President and Chief Engineer for Operations at Spirit Aerosystems in Wichita, Kansas. In this role, she provides engineering and technical support services to all of operations across Spirit’s locations in the U.S. and abroad. With more than 29 years of industry experience in engineering, operations, project and program management, Six Sigma, and a wide range of executive roles, Cindy’s varied background offers a wide-range business perspective, from development through delivery.
Learn about Cindy’s educational, professional and societal background and her goals as the new SWE President, wrapped up with some parting words of wisdom from Penny in her last SWE podcast as host.
I am truly honored to lead this amazing organization. I am passionate about helping women achieve their potential, and as the President of SWE I am not only a sponsor but a role model and champion for women in the engineering profession.
– Cindy Hoover, FY20 President
Check out more SWE podcasts on SoundCloud, iTunes and Stitcher!
- “The Change Starts with Me” — An Aerospace Engineer with Dreams of Greater D&I
- Dean Ropella on Changing the Face of Engineering
- The Experience of Being an Asian American Female Engineer
- President Penny Wirsing Looks Back at Her Career
- Dr. Kerri Phillips Encourages Girls to “Stay in the Game”
- Elizabeth Loboa, Mizzou’s First Female Dean of Engineering