The Society of Women Engineers strives to advance and honor the contributions of women at all stages of their careers as well as recognize the successes of SWE members and individuals who enhance the engineering profession through contributions to industry, education and the community. The nomination deadline for all Individual Awards is March 31, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. CT. Awards will be presented at the WE20 Annual Conference in New Orleans, LA November 5-7, 2020.
Two new awards are being introduced this year! The Diversity & Inclusion Program Award and the Patent Recognition Award have been added for FY20. See the Awards Packet for more information on each of these new awards!
SWE’s Individual Awards Program offers 21 different awards:
- Achievement Award
- Advocating Women in Engineering Award
- Distinguished Engineering Educator Award
- Distinguished Service Award
- Diversity & Inclusion Program
- Emerging Leader Award
- Entrepreneur Award
- Fellow Grade Member
- Global Leadership Award
- Global Team Leadership Award
- Patent Recognition Award
- Prism Award
- Resnik Challenger Medal
- Rodney D. Chipp Memorial Award
- Spark Award
- Suzanne Jenniches Upward Mobility Award
- SWE Distinguished New Engineer Award
- Outstanding Collegiate Member Award
- Outstanding Faculty Advisor Award
- Outstanding SWE Counselor Award
- Work/Life Integration Award
Click here for the awards packet, which has detailed requirements and instructions on how to submit.
For information or specific questions on SWE Individual & Collegiate Member and Advisor Awards, please contact Ashley Koeplin, FY20 Awards & Recognition Committee Chair.