Episode 90: Rachel Korn on the Coronavirus Pandemic’s Impact on Gender Inequality in Engineering
In this SWE Diverse podcast episode, SWE’s senior manager of research, Roberta Rincon, speaks with Dr. Rachel Korn, Director of Research on Organization Bias at the Center for WorkLife Law. Rachel is a Social Psychologist with a background in quantitative research methods and survey design. Her research at the Center has primarily focused on studying the correlates and consequences of gender, racial, and class bias in the workplace.
Roberta and Rachel discuss several biases and their impacts on gender inequality: the Prove-It-Again bias, the Tightrope bias, the Maternal Wall bias, and the Tug-of-War bias. Furthermore, they delve into how gender bias may be drastically impacted by the Coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic.
Check out more recent SWE Diverse episodes:
- Jayshree Seth’s Perspective on Current Crises and the Path Forward
- HP Podcast Series #2- HP Print and Quality
- HP Podcast Series #1- Technical Leader in 3D Printing in Barcelona
- Balancing Work and Mom Life as an Engineer- APAHM
- Celebrating APA Heritage Month with Past SWE President, Nora Lin
- Meet eXXec 2020 Moderator, Jo Miller
- Celebrating Black History Month with Past SWE President, Sherita Ceasar
Browse through all of our SWE podcasts on SWE’s SoundCloud.