Are you familiar with SWENext? If you have an interest in encouraging and nurturing the next generation of engineers, then you should be! Learn more about SWENext—a program the allows students to join SWE to become a part of the SWE engineering community as a student through the age of 18, for free!
By joining, SWENexters have access to programs, mentors, and resources designed to develop leadership skills and self-confidence to #BeThatEngineer and succeed in a career in engineering and technology. Although the SWENext program focuses on girls, all students are encouraged to get involved. Encourage a girl to join today!
- Empower students to prepare for careers in engineering and technology.
- Provide programming for students to develop leadership skills and self-confidence to succeed in careers in engineering and technology.
- Expand the image of the engineering and technology professions as a positive force in improving the quality of life.
- Demonstrate the value of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Provide programming to empower students to become advocates for peers and younger girls.
Learn more in our ‘About SWENext’ on-demand mobile course!
This 30-minute, on-demand course serves as an introductory overview of the SWENext program. It provides foundational information to K-12 students, parents, adult advocates and SWE members about the purpose, structure and benefits of SWENext.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the purpose and mission of SWENext.
- Recognize the benefits that SWENext provides to involved students.
- Identify the steps for signing up as an adult, signing up as a student and how to sign up a student.
- Recognize the responsibilities of the student programs and outreach committee.
The ‘About SWENext’ on-demand mobile course is free to SWE members.
- Announcing SWENext Global Innovator Awards from WE20
- SWENext Club Spotlight: Jakarta SWENext
- Adult Advocate’s Avenue: How We Can Outreach to Those With Limited Access to Technology
- Architectural Engineering Student Spotlight: Jyrteanna
- Adult Advocate’s Avenue: Engaging Parents, Guardians, and Educators in Outreach Events