WE20 will have five designated Networking Lounges, which will be hosted by SWE Affinity Groups, SWE leaders and volunteer members on the virtual conference platform, vFairs.
The lounges will feature chat-based networking with the option to break out into one-on-one video chat. A variety of programming and meet-ups will be scheduled in these rooms and promoted via the WE20 schedule—stay tuned!
Diversity & Inclusion Affinity Groups Networking Lounge – Sponsored by DuPont
Virtually connect with our affinity group leaders, and break out into one-on-one networking sessions! Come learn about SWE diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) affinity groups (AGs): African-American, Latinos, Asian Connections, Native-American, HeForSWE, and the Rainbow Lounge & LGBTQ+ and Allies.
- 11/5/2020, 12pm CT – DEI AGs Networking Session
- 11/6/2020, 12pm CT – Allyship & HeForSWE
- 11/6/2020 11:00 AM – DuPont Rainbow Lounge Networking Session
- 11/7/2020, 12pm CT – Asian Connections Affinity Group Networking Session
- 11/7/2020, 2pm CT – LGBTQ+ and Allies AG Networking
- 11/10/2020 9:00 AM – DuPont Rainbow Lounge Networking Session
- 11/10/2020, 4pm CT – Native American Affinity Group Talking Circle
- 11/11/2020, 5pm CT – Mucho Gusto! SWE Latinos AG Networking Session
- 11/12/2020, 5pm CT – Are you curious about Black Girl Magic? Well, here it is. – Info/Networking session for African-American AG members
Business Interests Affinity Groups Networking Lounge – Sponsored by Ensign-Bickford
- 11/4/2020, 1pm CT – Small Business AG Networking
- 11/4/2020, 5pm CT – Late Career & Retiree Affinity Group Meet-Up
- 11/6/2020, 12pm CT – Intrepreneurship and Entrepreneurship
- 11/7/2020, 12pm CT – Women in Government Virtual Networking Lunch
- 11/10/2020, 1pm CT – Retirement Stories & Networking
- 11/10/2020, 5pm CT – All Affinity Group Happy Hour
Working Moms Networking Lounge – Sponsored by Raytheon Technologies
Socialize and connect with working moms from around the world, many of whom are part of the Engineering Working Moms’ Facebook Group. This Facebook group was created in 2014 to provide support to other working engineering moms in a safe and collaborative environment free from judgment. With over 3,000 members (and growing!), it contains a huge wealth of knowledge to help moms navigate their careers and parenting.
- 11/3/2020, 12pm CT – General Networking for Working Moms
Global Networking Lounge
Meet WE20 attendees from around the world in this networking lounge that will feature meet-ups and sessions during various time zones. You’ll also have a chance to learn more about the Global Women Engineers Affinity Group.
- 11/2/2020, 6pm CT – Canadian SWEsters at WE20
- 11/4/2020, 8am CT – Electro Hydraulic Hitch for Small Tractors
- 11/4/2020, 9am CT – Global Companies in India
- 11/5/2020, 10am CT – Self Branding to Land your Dream Tech Job!
- 11/6/2020, 10am CT – The Role of Mentors in Developing Resilience and Leadership: Explorations of IIT Ropar: SWE India College Affiliate
- 11/7/2020, 8am CT – Systems Leadership: An Enabler for Future of Work
- 11/7/2020, 10am CT – Cafecito con el Senado
- 11/7/2020, 11am CT – Coffee-hour with the Senate
- 11/9/2020, 9am CT – Global Village: Meet and Greet with Global Members
- 11/9/2020, 12pm CT – Diversity & Inclusion Workshop
- 11/11/2020, 10am CT – A Web of Support That Matters
- 11/11/2020, 7pm CT – Technical Career Path Meet-up
- 11/11/2020, 8pm CT – Women in 3D Printing
SWE Open Space Networking Lounge
- 11/4/2020, 5 pm CT – Supply Chain Technologies
- 11/5/2020, 3pm CT – WE Local LAB
- 11/5/2020, 5pm CT – The Plastic’s Place – Women in Plastics Manufacturing
- 11/7/2020, 2pm CT – Building Client Relationships
- 11/7/2020, 4pm CT – Colorado/Wyoming meetup
- 11/9/2020, 2pm CT – Meet the SWE Board of Directors
- 11/9/2020, 3pm CT – Virtual Book Launch with Jayshree Seth
- 11/11/2020 2pm CT – Getting the Most Out of Professional Networking
- 11/13/2020, 12pm CT – WE Local LAB
>> Register for WE20 today! <<
- Related content:
- What to Expect at WE20: Inspirational Keynotes
- What to Expect at WE20: Mega Sessions
- Relax and Recharge During WE20 with Daily Yoga
- Collegians: Apply for a WE20 Registration Grant!
- SWE Announces WE20 Award Recipients
- Join Us for WE20 at Home!