Episode 151: Un Cafecito With a Woman in STEM: Mariel Cisneros
Welcome to another episode of “Un Cafecito with a Woman in STEM”, a sub-series of SWE’s Diverse Podcast. In this episode, Marissa Doyen, the Hispanic Heritage Month Lead within SWE’s Latinos Affinity Group, speaks with Mariel Cisneros, a Systems Engineering Manager and technical lead at Northrop Grumman Corporation (NGC). Listen as Cisneros talks about her journey as a Mexican immigrant, how her passion for space derived from a children’s book about astronomy, and her approach to managing her team.
System Engineering Manager
Mariel Cisneros is a System Engineering Manager at Northrop Grumman. She started as an intern with the company and has worked in several roles during her 7 year career with Northrop Grumman. Mariel is a Board Member regarding Science and Technology for SWENext Los Angeles. Mariel has a Bachelors in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from California State University at Long Beach, and a Masters’ in Architecture Based Enterprise Systems Engineering from University of California, San Diego. Mariel has mentored young women in a number of organizations including Girls Who Code and Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day.
Check out more SWE podcasts:
- Podcast: Un Cafecito With a Woman in STEM: Bea Mendez Gandica
- Exploring the Perspective of Global Members Living and Working in the US
- How R&D Supports Inclusivity, Growth, and Opportunity for Women Engineers
- Un Cafecito With a Woman in STEM: Melanie Weber
- Combining Engineering and Research at the Air Force Research Laboratory
- Susan Uthayakumar on Challenging the Status Quo to Forge Your Own Career Path
- APAHM 2021 – SASE CEO Khánh Vu on Allyship for the AAPI Community
- Smita Tharoor on Addressing Unconscious Bias in Our Professional and Personal Lives