Episode 77: Allyson Stewart-Allen on the Cost of Cultural Ignorance
What is the cost of cultural ignorance when it comes to our business operations?
In this SWE Diverse episode, FY19 SWE President Cindy Hoover speaks with WE19 Mega Session speaker Allyson Stewart-Allen about the importance of cultural understanding in our careers and business operations. Allyson is Chief Executive at International Marketing Partners and an award-winning international business consultant. A Californian based in Europe for over 25 years, Allyson is an expert on brand internationalization, and her knowledge is sought by leading businesses across the globe. In this episode, she’ll discuss the benefits of understanding different cultures, the cost of ignorance when it comes to other cultures, and what you can expect from her WE19 Mega Session, “Influencing Across Cultures.”
“[Peter Drucker] is credited with saying, ‘culture eats strategy for breakfast,’ and I really, honestly believe that that’s true. I think unless you factor in the role of a business culture in how you go about growing your business and how you go about engaging people from all over the world, it will definitely undermine your best efforts.”
– Allyson Stewart-Allen, award-winning international business consultant
It’s not too late! Register for WE19 today!
Check out more recent SWE podcasts:
- Episode 76: Celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month with Past SWE Presidents
- Episode 75: Navigating Gender Bias Preferences in the Workplace
- Episode 74: Is it Time for a Career Change?
- Episode 73: The Future of the Engineering Workforce with Sarah Watzman
- Episode 72: Kim Varga on Using Disruption to Advance Your Career
- Episode 71: WE19 Keynote and Disney Engineer, Rachel Hutter
- Episodes 69 & 70: One Small Step for Man, One Giant Leap for Woman Engineering Kind
- Episode 68: From Serbia to U.S. Academia, NYU Tandon’s First Female Dean
Browse through all of our SWE podcasts on SWE’s SoundCloud.