Thanks to the outstanding generosity of both individual and corporate donors, the Society of Women Engineers (SWE) has raised $1,053,100 for scholarships this year, marking it as their highest dollar amount ever. SWE has been providing scholarship opportunities for women in engineering and technology for about 70 years.
SWE scholarships support those who identify themselves as a female/woman and are pursuing an ABET-accredited bachelor or graduate degree program in preparation for careers in engineering, engineering technology and computer science.
“Our scholarship program is one of the reasons we are able to remain a solid resource to our future women engineers. Even during a global pandemic, we are proud to be able to provide financial resources to those who are studying for a career in engineering and technology.”
-Karen Horting, CEO and executive director of SWE
Incoming freshmen — apply by May 1, 2021!
Freshmen applications opened March 1st and will remain open through May 1st. If you are a high school senior who plans to major in engineering or technology beginning this upcoming fall, apply for a SWE scholarship today! There is only one application to fill out, and you will be considered for all SWE scholarships for which you are eligible. Freshmen scholarships will be awarded this upcoming July. Apply for freshmen scholarships!
SWE is currently judging undergrad, graduate and Ph.D. submissions.
Scholarship applications are now closed for the 2021-2022 school year for all undergraduate, graduate and Ph.D. students. Submissions are currently being judged, and recipients will be notified in May.
Help SWE level the playing field in engineering & tech!
The COVID-19 pandemic has had an enormous impact on our industry, with women at every level having to make difficult education and career decisions. As we collectively work to get back to some semblance of normal, it’s more important than ever that we work to strengthen and diversify the engineering pipeline. YOU can make a difference by helping financially support women who are working hard to achieve their dreams of becoming a successful individual in engineering or technology. Please consider becoming an individual, corporate, or legacy donor for the SWE scholarship program. Learn more and donate here.
- SWE Endowed Scholarships: Lonnie Lee and Maria Elena Abernethy Endowment for Native Americans in Engineering Scholarship
- SWENext Tips: How to Apply for SWE Scholarships!
- SWE Endowed Scholarships: Alma Kuppinger Forman, PE Scholarship
- SWE Endowed Scholarships: Judith Resnik Memorial Scholarship
- SWE Endowed Scholarships: Ada I. Pressman Memorial Scholarship
- Motorola Solutions Foundation Scholarships Highlight Importance of Helping Women in STEM
- SWE Endowed Scholarships: Dr. Paula Marie Stenzler Legacy Scholarship for Engineering
- SWE Endowed Scholarships: Lillian Moller Gilbreth Memorial