In this SWE Diverse episode, Dayna Johnson, President Elect of the Society of Women Engineers, sits down with Cassie Rothrauff, a lead engineer for Booz Allen’s Global Defense Group (GDG). They talk about Cassie’s time at Old Dominion University, her volunteer work with young students as a software robotic coach for FIRST Tech Challenge Teams, and some of her current projects at Booz Allen Hamilton.
Cassie Rothrauff is a Lead Engineer supporting tactical warfare systems for Booz Allen’s Global Defense Group (GDG) in the Army Market. As a lifetime dancer and former Cheerleader, Cassie leverages her spirited nature to her career in embedded computing. Her specialty is low-level programming on embedded operating systems for commercial off the shelf (COTS) and rugged military systems. Cassie’s volunteer work has allowed her to participate in ground-breaking outreach opportunities to spread the word of STEM and empower her students to be future game changers.
Cassie is launching her Youtube Channel, Robotics with Cassie in January 2022. Her goal is to spark motivation and provide tutorial sessions in the field of robotics. Robotics With Cassie is focused on community building, social engagement and educational experiences for coaches and students of next generation STEM programs.
Check out more SWE podcasts:
- A New Picture of a Scientist – New Book Chronicles a New Chapter For Women Scientists
- Annette Clayton is Leading a Business That’s Leading a More Sustainable Future
- The Mind of An Engineer: Penny Gunterman’s Love for Data Helped Her Through Leukemia
- Un Cafecito With a Woman in STEM: Mariel Cisneros
- Åsa Cervone on Embracing Curiosity to Encourage Inclusion
- Exploring the Perspective of Global Members Living and Working in the US
- How R&D Supports Inclusivity, Growth, and Opportunity for Women Engineers