The SWENext Northrop Grumman Community Awards encourage students to use STEM to solve real-world issues. Chosen by local SWE members, challenges represent ongoing and future concerns in their area. These awards emphasize the impact SWENexters have in their communities through creative engineering. SWENexters in their freshman and sophomore years of high school are eligible, and recipients are selected by SWE members. Sponsored by Northrop Grumman, this award is meant to get the community involved in and excited about Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM). The deadline to enter is July 31, 2018. Up to 25 winners will be selected! Apply now!
SWENext High School Community Award Recipients receive the following:
- Registration to WE18, SWE’s global conference in Minneapolis, MN in October 2018 for the recipient and one adult chaperone.
- Participation in the SWENext High School Leadership Academy.
- Participation in the Invent it. Build it. event as an engineer’s assistant.
- Participation in Community Award poster presentations during the STEM EXPO where they will present their poster to middle school girls, parents, educators, and professional engineers.
- A 3D printed trophy and certificate of achievement.
- SWE Commemorative Shirts: “Watch Me Change the World” and other goodies.
SWENext is a way to become part of the Society of Women Engineers as a student through the age of 18. Become part of SWE and #BeThatEngineer! Joining is free. Any student 13 or older can become a SWENexter. For those younger than 13, a parent will need to be the primary contact. Learn more at swenext.swe.org.