Video: Happy #Eweek2017 from Space
Shane Kimbrough, International Space Station (ISS) Expedition 50 commander and flight engineer Peggy Annette Whitson say happy Engineers Week from space.
Shane Kimbrough, International Space Station (ISS) Expedition 50 commander and flight engineer Peggy Annette Whitson say happy Engineers Week from space. #Eweek2017 is February 19-25.
- Get Inspired during #Eweek2017
- Go see the Dream Big film and take a friend. SWE’s All Together blog is going this afternoon to a showing at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago. The 42-minute IMAX film from the American Society of Civil Engineers is getting great reviews. Find a theater near you.
- Here’s how the film is described: “All around the world, engineers are pushing the limits of ingenuity and innovation in unexpected, imaginative, and amazing ways. Dream Big: Engineering Our World, a giant-screen film about engineering, will take viewers on a journey of discovery from the world’s tallest building to a bridge higher than the clouds. Along the way, the audience will witness how today’s engineers are shaping the world of tomorrow.”
- Dream Big will:
- Inform the public about the important work engineers do, helping to heighten interest and change perceptions about the profession
- Inspire young people to consider careers in engineering
- Answer the demand for K-12 engineering education resources, in alignment with the Next Generation Science Standards
- Inspire Others
- Do a hands-on engineering activity with students.
- Share your activities on social media.#Eweek2017
- Congratulate a colleague on making a difference.
- Keep It Going
- Attend the Global Marathon on March 8 & 9. It’s free and online. Register today.
- Celebrate Global Day of the Engineer on April 5th. Take the Pledge.
Engineers Week, the only event of its kind, is a time to:
- Celebrate how engineers make a difference in our world
- Increase public dialogue about the need for engineers
- Bring engineering to life for kids, educators, and parents
More than a week-long event, Engineers Week is a year-round commitment to making a difference.
Here’s to a great Engineers Week!