Women in engineering and technology go to WE16, SWE’s annual conference, to make friends at all stages of their lives and careers. Life's variable, SWE's your constant.
"Everyone in SWE is very friendly. I’ve created friendships and mentorships that will last a lifetime in SWE," says Rachel Sheppard, SWE member.
"I’ve met people from around the world, and anywhere I go, I have a friend," says Jessica Rannow, FY17 SWE President.
We expect to have a record number of attendees at this year’s conference, more than 10,000, so don’t miss it. Register now.
Hundreds of professional development sessions, networking events, and the WE16 Career Fair will provide you with endless ways to meet fellow women engineers, mentors, potential employers, or graduate school recruiters.
Last year we even wrote a song about it! Listen below!
Join in the fun at WE16 in Philadelphia, October 27-29, and share your experience on SWE social media.
- Use hashtag #WE16 in your social media posts!
- Make sure the content you’re associating with SWE on social is up to our mission’s standards.
- Check in on Facebook and Geotag yourselves throughout the conference.
- Use Snapchat! This year we have our very own WE16-branded Geo-Filter.
- Make sure you’re tagging SWE on social platforms …
- Society of Women Engineers – SWE on Facebook
- @SWEtalk on Instagram/Twitter
- Hashtag #SOLO with the conference hashtag #WE16 if you’re a conference go-er who is attending alone. Search the hashtag to find friends to meet up with!
- Use the Instagram selfie frames. You can find them at the Social Media Lounge and Spark Center.
- Take as many #SWEselfies as possible, HQ will be retweeting and featuring them.
- Use hashtag #SWE16.
- Misrepresent SWE’s mission on social media!
- Use any imagery/logos from July 2015 and before. HQ will not interact with this content.