The Social Media Lounge was created to showcase SWE’s social media presence. Attendees will see conference interviews, watch live events streaming, and view digital dashboards of SWE’s activities via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, and other social media.
Join in the fun at WE16 in Philadelphia, October 27-29, and don't forget to join SWE's Social Media Manager for daily Lightning Talks in the Social Media Lounge.
SWE's Main Drivers! - 2:45 p.m. on Thursday, October 27
SWE’s main driver social media platforms are Facebook and LinkedIn. In this lightening talk, we'll go over each social media platform and discuss how SWE HQ utilizes them.
SWE Snaps! - 2:45 p.m. on Friday, October 28
SWE will talk about the newest update to the platform. AKA why Snpachat is an official social media marketing tool and we'll discuss best practices for creating your "SWE Snap Story."
Insta-SWE-famous - 2:45 p.m. on Saturday, October 29
SWE’s social media manager will talk about Instagram’s new and improved tools for crafting content. In this lightening talk we will also discuss how to best leverage the platform for you and your SWEster friends!
As a sponsor, Booz Allen will have representatives available in the lounge for the duration of the Social Media Lounge’s hours.
9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Registration Bridge
Thursday – Friday, October 27-28
9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., Registration Bridge
Saturday, October 29
Share Your WE16 Experience on SWE Social Media
- Like our WE16 posts on SWE's social media channels: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Share this post using the links at the top of the page!
- Use hashtag #WE16 in your social media posts!
- Make sure the content you’re associating with SWE on social is up to our mission’s standards.
- Check in on Facebook and Geotag yourselves throughout the conference.
- Use Snapchat! This year we have our very own WE16-branded Geo-Filter.
- Make sure you’re tagging SWE on social platforms …
- Society of Women Engineers – SWE on Facebook
- @SWEtalk on Instagram/Twitter
- Hashtag #SOLO with the conference hashtag #WE16 if you’re a conference go-er who is attending alone. Search the hashtag to find friends to meet up with!
- Use the Instagram selfie frames. You can find them at the Social Media Lounge and Spark Center.
- Take as many #SWEselfies as possible, HQ will be retweeting and featuring them.
- Use hashtag #SWE16.
- Misrepresent SWE’s mission on social media!
- Use any imagery/logos from July 2015 and before. HQ will not interact with this content.
Come join a global gathering in Philadelphia of more than 10,000 women at all stages of their engineering careers. Collegiates will find internships, that all-important first job, new friends, mentors and life-skills not earned in the lecture halls. Professionals will rekindle old friendships and make new ones, find new ways to approach their current job or discover a whole-new path. All will find their experience incredible.