This week, over 170 members from the Society of Women Engineers and our partners will convene in Washington, DC for Congressional Outreach Day to meet with elected officials and advocate for policies that support the full inclusion of women engineers in the workforce.
Amplify your message by sharing on your social media platforms that you are supporting SWE today. Remember to use the #SWEAdvocacy hashtag!
Want Other Ways to Stay Involved?
View, read, and interact with some of our recent resources around public policy:
- Watch: the recording of the recent webinar, “A Critical Update: Changes to Title IX Implementation & The Impact on Women in Engineering” here.
- Take SWE’s revised Advance Learning Center Module: SWE Advocacy – Impacting Policy at the National Level and download the supporting resource to engage with your elected official here.
- Download resources that indicate percentage of female engineers by state and female engineer college graduates by state.
- Read: SWE Endorses H.R. 36, the Combating Sexual Harassment in Science Act of 2019
- Read: SWE Submits Comments to Department of Education on Proposed Changes to Title IX Guidelines
- Read: Engineering: From Ignorance to Passion – A Reflection on Advocating with SWE
- Read: “Why I almost quit STEM” — A Reflection on SWE’s 2018 Congressional Outreach Days