Understanding the biological basis of a typical female leadership style can help women of all career stages become more successful leaders. Learn how to approach risk, challenge, conflict, and cooperation during this webinar from the Society of Women Engineers in the SWE Advance Learning Center: Frenemies: The Brain Science Behind the Dynamic Cooperative/Competitive World of Women’s Leadership with Dr. Rebecca Heiss.
By the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Acknowledge the importance of language in structuring power
,and identify how this can undermine female leadership.
- Identify 2-3 reasons internal competition decreases productivity, as well as tips for avoiding this biological trap.
- Outline how to maximize the effectiveness of your own leadership style by accurately assessing how others perceive you.
SWE Advance Learning Center
SWE’s Advance Learning Center 2.0 empowers women to succeed at every stage of their personal and professional development, providing lifelong learning opportunities to support the advancement of women in engineering. Access relevant, quality global programming through a variety of engaging digital technologies:
- 120+ on-demand webinars
- 10+ eLearning modules
- 2 mobile courses
- 2 virtual conferences (WE16 and WE17)
On-Demand Webinars from our Self-Care Series with Dr. Heiss
- Daily Reset: Mindfulness and Stress Reduction
- Health Effects of Subconscious Bias: Mind, Body, & Community Well-being
- Office Yoga: Add Wellness to your Workday
- Survive to Thrive: Rewiring our Brains in an Epidemically Stressed Society